Post Graduate Diploma in Otorhinolaryngology
Diploma in Otorhinolaryngology is a full time 2-year postgraduate diploma course. The Post Graduate Diploma in Otorhinolaryngology course is designed to impart knowledge related to the field of ENT (Ear, Nose and Throat). It is a specialized course that diagnoses, treats and manages diseases of the ear, nose, sinus, larynx, mouth, throat as well as the structure of the neck and face. The limbs in this area are so small and delicate that special training is given to the students.
To take admission in this course, Candidates must have MBBS degree minimum aggregate of at least 65% marks from an institute recognized by MCI. Also must have completed an internship of at least one year in a medical hospital. Admission into this course is usually based on the entrance exam.
After completion of the course, the graduates can work as an Otolaryngologist, ENT Surgeon, Medical Professor, etc. They can find jobs in government hospitals, specialist hospitals, private hospitals, nursing homes, multi-specialist hospitals, etc. The average salary is expected to be around INR 7,00,000 to INR 13,00,000 per annum.
Postgraduate Diploma in Otorhinolaryngology Entrance Exams
Some top entrance examinations are:
* NEET PG- The National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET-PG) is conducted by the National Board of Examination
* AIIMS PG - The All-India Institute of Medical Science (AIIMS PG) is conducted by AIIMS Delhi
* DNB PDCET - Diplomate of National Board Post-Diploma Centralized Entrance Test (DNB PDCET) is conducted by the National Board of Examination
Postgraduate Diploma in Otorhinolaryngology : Jobs & Salary
Some of the popular job profiles in the field of Postgraduate Diploma in Otorhinolaryngology listed below:
* ENT Consultant - INR 20,00,000
* Research Analyst - INR 3,47,000
* ENT Surgeon - INR 38,00,000
* Medical Content Writer - INR 3,60,000
* Otolaryngologist - INR 29,00,000
Postgraduate Diploma in Otorhinolaryngology : Top Recruiters
* Max Hospital
* Jaypee Hospitals
* Apollo Hospital
* Columbia Asia
* Rajiv Gandhi Cancer Hospital
* Fortis Healthcare
Some of Top recruiting areas are Government Hospitals, Medical Colleges, Universities, Self-run-Clinics, Medical Writing, Nursing Homes, etc.