The foundation of Dr Bhimrao Ambedkar University (originally known as Agra University) was laid on the 1st of July, 1927, as a result of hectic efforts of a band of enthusiastic educationists like Rev. Canon A.W. Davis, Munshi Narain Prasad Asthana, Dr L.P. Mathur, Lala Dewan Chand, Rai Bahadur Anand Swaroop and Dr Brajendra Swaroop,.
Original jurisdiction of University extended over United Provinces of Agra, Central India and Rajputana with 14 affiliated colleges and 2530 students of which, 1475 students belonged to United Provinces. Initially, there were only four faculties in the University viz. Arts, Sciences, Commerce and Law. Faculties of Medicine (1936), Agriculture (1938), Home Science (1980), Basic Sciences (1981), Fine Arts (1982) and Management (1994) were added subsequently.
Rishabh Tower, Ground Floor, Rishabh Tower (Old Vashundhara Cinema, Line Tank Rd, Deputy Para, Ahirtoli, Ranchi, Jharkhand 834001