ANIMAL GENETICS AND BREEDING
MVSc Animal Genetics and Breeding is a full-time postgraduate degree course of 2-year duration which is divided into 4 semester. In this course, students learn about nutrients in animals and other biological sciences, the application of nutritional sciences to health, the digestive process, and welfare of companion pet animals. This course also focuses on the application of biological and chemical principles and management of animals and production of animal products.
The eligibility criteria to pursue this course a candidate must have completed BVSc with a minimum of 55% marks or CGPA not less than 6.0 from any university recognized by the veterinary council. The average fees charged by the Indian Universities/ Colleges for this course ranges between INR 10,000 and 2,00,000.
MVSc Animal Genetics and Breeding: Entrance Exams
* ICAR-AIEEA: ICAR-AIEEA conducted by National Testing Agency (NTA)
* GBPUAT: GBPUAT conducted by Govind Ballabh Pant University Agriculture and Technology institute.
MVSc Animal Genetics and Breeding: Job Profiles
Some of the most common job profiles are listed below:
* Animal Care and Service Workers
* Associate Scientific Manager
* Biological Scientists
* Manager Animal Farm
* Assistant to Practitioners
* Pharmacy Research Scientists
* Private Practice
* Senior Medical Representative
* Veterinary Doctor
* Veterinary Consultant
* Veterinary Researcher
* Veterinary Surgeon
* Veterinary Technologists and Technicians
MVSc Animal Genetics and Breeding: Top Recruiting Organizations
* Fuzen pharmaceuticals private limited
* Nutricare Life science limited
* ABT industries and many others.